Clondalkin Village – Knockmitten – Clonburris
The Church was designed by William Caldbeck, a noted architect of the day, and is built in the Gothic revival style which had recently been introduced to Ireland by the famous English architect, W. A Pugin. The Church and Convent are among the best examples of Gothic revival buildings in Dublin.
1916 Exhibition in the Pro CathedralPosted in History, News | Comments Off on 1916 Exhibition in the Pro Cathedral
Thanks to Cecila Doran for the PhotosPosted in History, News | Comments Off on Pictures of Pilgrimage to Mullagh
A Service of Thanksgiving for Clondalkin Tidy Towns was held in Saint John’s Church, Tower Road on the 22nd November. Rev. Alan Ruffli and Fr. Damian Farnon jointly presided over the Liturgy, during which the congregation gave thanks to God for … Continue readingPosted in History, News | Comments Off on Service of Thanksgiving for Clondalkin Tidy Towns
The Church of the Immaculate Conception & St. Killian, Clondalkin The site for the Church and adjoining Convent was donated by the Caldbeck Family of Moyle Park, Clondalkin. The foundation stone was laid in 1857 and the completed Church was … Continue readingPosted in History | Comments Off on History of the Church